Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Franken-polish

Hello

I made a nail polish with an old bottle of clear polish and some mineral eyeshadow. This is just a simple two step process. From here I can add glitter if I'd like but for now I'm going to leave it alone. The color came out perfect and super opaque.


This is a mini bottle of clear essence polish .16 fl. oz. I added a generous 1/8 tsp of mineral eyeshadow.


Next time I'll probably purchase a small funnel. It got a bit messy but I was working over a sheet of paper so I just tapped the excess onto the paper, folded it and used the sharp edge to pour the eyshadow into the bottle.


I gave the bottle a really really really good shake.


Then I pulled the sticker off of the sample baggie and put it on the polish bottle so that I can remember the color.


I'm really happy with the result. This was my first time frankening. I think I may be addicted as I'm already plotting out my next colors.


Here I added some snowflake stamps and Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor glitter top coat.

Have you frankened your own polish? Any advice?

So..... is this blog becoming a nail blog? The short answer is no. I have been organizing my polishes lately and have caught the polish bug, HARD. Not that I didn't already have it but I'm a bit obsessed lately. Luckily I've been earning a TON of swagbucks so I have been using them to buy amazon gift cards and I buy polish with those.

Thanks for reading!
Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. Genius! I had no idea a person could even make their own nail polish. It might have been better had I never found out ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome - never tried that before but I think I have some half-full clear polish-bottles here... and eyeshadow... whoooo ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a great idea - and what a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that colour, and have never ever heard of this before. frankly I'm shocked and my eyeshadows and nail polish thanks you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! So clever of you! I have a clear polish that I'm not very satisfied with so I should try this :)
    The stamps, are they usual craft stamps, or is it for nails specific?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nail specific stamps. Konad and Bundle Monster are two main brands.

      Delete
  6. I have never frankened before, this turned out really well! I love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete