Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Fan Expo Toronto: Frankenweenie, R13 and Old Makeup



Hello! I wanted to share some of the pictures I took at Fan Expo in Toronto on Sunday. Fan Expo is a humongous comic and media convention. Last year was our first year to go and we were so impressed by the size of it! This show helped lessen our disappointment in not being able to go to SDCC for the past few years.

The floor was packed so I wasn't able to take as many pictures as I wanted.


We stopped by the Frankenweenie booth which was AMAZING! They had all of these dioramas set up with actual figures from the movie.










Of course we had to goof around:



I wanted a big poster of Sheldon for our bedroom. Hubby was not amused.


We also got to pick up a copy of the Robot 13 Volume 1 trade paperback from blacklist studios in which hubby did some artwork. These are also the guys who bring you Disappointing Monsters.

Here's a page he did (crappy cell phone pic). If you wanna see a nice cleaned up version, buy R13 here.


And what would a post from me be without a vain makeup shot?



I used an old Chanel Argents trio I had for the eyes. The one with black, gunmetal and silver. Remember that? Discontinued now but such a good palette. It's from the days when Chanel was doing the whole "vamp" thing. ;) - used my regular MAC foundation routine, Physicians Formula gel liner for brows, NYX Natural lip pencil and Revlon Lip Butter Peach Parfait lipstick.

Have you been to a good comic convention lately?
Or.... do you have any old makeup colors that you still LOVE?

Thanks for reading!
Cheers!!

9 comments:

  1. awesome - looks like you had fun there :)
    It's been a long time since my last comic convention - I think I should visit the next one in the near :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a comic convention it looks like fun. Haha I love the picture of you peering through the window! I can't wait to see Frankenweenie, Tim Burton truly is my hero. Have you ever watched the first one he made? It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for fun outtings! I love the goofing around pics, they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I can't wait for Frankenweenie. I have a plushie of him for 10 years ago! Before anyone even gave a shit lol. It's one of my favorite 'toys' ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking that I'll go to SDCC one day, and then I realize I'd need about a metric ton of Xanax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to a good one lately...but I need to go!! I love Tim Burton!! Looks like so much fun!!
    P.S. Love the vain makeup pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I went to SDCC this year and already have 4-day passes for next year. It was fun and not as bad for my anxiety since I only went two days and went to the floor only on Sunday. Nice makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute necklace! I like to hoard my old makeup as well, lol! The Chanel colours look great on you, why get rid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waaa, seems like a superawesome convention!

    ReplyDelete