Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pin-Up For a Day

Last weekend one of my friends threw a surprise birthday party for his wife. They are total tiki/luau nuts and also own the store Cats Like Us. So..... of course the theme of the birthday party was tiki!

Now, five years ago I would have had the perfect dress. That was before kids and an extra 40-50 lbs. so needless to say, that "perfect" dress is long gone. I did do a vintage inspired makeup look though and wore the only retro-esque dress that I own at the moment (bought from Cats Like Us of course).



Dress: Switchblade Stiletto
Hair Flower: Bethezda's Baubles

Before Lashes

After Lashes




Eyes:
Elf Primer
Noella Beauty Works in Cupcake, applied to inner corner
Noella Beauty Works in Honey Taupe, applied to lid up to brow
Noella Beauty Works in Velvet, applied to lid
MAC brown blue pigment, applied to crease
Jordana Liquid Liner in Black, upper lash line
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, applied to lower water line
Detrivore White Chapel, tapped over Milk on lower lash line
Physicians Formula Black Gel Liner for brows
CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara
Response Natural + Lashes, #00111 Black

Skin:
MAC NW20 Studio Fix Liquid
Detrivore Pallor Mortis Powder
MAC Briar Rose Beauty Powder on Cheeks

Lips:
Prestige Lipliner in Amore
MAC Russian Red lipstick

Sorry for the crap-tastic pics. I took a gazillion of them but still didn't have much to work with. What do you think about the white on the bottom waterline? I did it to open up the eye.

It's always amazing to me what the addition of a pair of fake lashes can do to a look.

Thank you for reading!
Cheers! <3

39 comments:

  1. I think the white on the bottom looks amazing :) I love the dress hun too. Oh and check your blog email hun <3

    Clairey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the most adorable pin up! The lashes are great. You pulled together the whole look flawlessly, from the top of your head to the tip of your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you putting this extra 40-50 pounds? Is it in the picture? I don't see it. Do you keep it in your purse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!!! :P

      Gorgeous look!

      Delete
    2. ha ha! the weight is wrapped up tight in all the SPANX I'm wearing! ;)
      Did I mention that I can't breath properly in this little number? LOL

      Delete
    3. I love SPANX more than is probably healthy.

      Delete
  4. That dress is awesome! Love the lashes you wore with this look :) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! You make is stunning. I love love love white on the lower eyeline. I sometimes put black liner underneath the white -- I'm convinced it makes eyes look bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good idea, I probably should have done that here. will try it next time!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely outfit! You look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! So I was picking through the list of shadows you used to see if there was any Detrivore. I was curious, because I just placed my first order with them! Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by going with Broken Glass instead of White Chapel. White Chapel is looking really good on you! Anyway, I did their 10 for $20 deal and they even knocked 20% off. So that was cool! I'll have to let you know what I think once my order arrives. Thanks for telling me about those swatch pics by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, you look so fab in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are looking gorgeous - love your dress! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely makeup and you look great. I know it's tough too loose weight after birthgiving but save those clothes because sometime you will have more time for exersice and to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks, I wish I would have said that to myself earlier b/c all those old clothes are looooong gone. :(

      Delete
  11. I hate how lashes so often "make" the look. I'm too lazy for the little bastards.

    Love that dress! Love the entire get-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know about the lashes. But... the more you do them the easier they become. ;)

      Delete
  12. You know i'm all in when it comes to having a white waterline, i love how it opens up the eyes!! So good choice there!!
    And just as i was watching your falsies, i thought the same thing as you wrote; how one gets amazed everytime about the wonderfulness the falsies-effect! And i really like when they are long! Douböe thumbsnup!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your makeup looks fantastic, and I <3 that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my ears and whiskers, DO THEY STILL SELL THAT DRESS??

    I'm in love <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it on a few random sites but Cats Like Us is out. :(

      Delete
  15. I do like the white on the lower lashline/waterline, it does open up the eye and its a refreshing change from wearing darker makeup every now and again. Great dress!

    ReplyDelete