Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The New New York Collection: Black Rose Minerals

OK. I had to have these eyeshadows from Black Rose Minerals when I saw the name. Futurama is one of my favorite shows. A few years ago at Comic Con San Diego I had the amazing pleasure to watch the entire cast of Futurama do a read-through of a script. It was absolutely amazing to see all the actors in person, reading in the voices they use for the show.

All I can say is wow! These colors are so pretty and bright. As I'm sure you know (if you regularly read my blog) I'm not one for "neutrals". This collection is perfect.







Some favorites: Fry is gorgous. A bright orange with little flecks of red glitter. Absolutely stunning. Zoidberg is amazing too, bright orangy pink with a purple shift. Leela is a great super bright purple. I guess my least favorite was Hermes which is a dark forest green matte. As a stand alone color is is beautiful, I just didn't feel it went with the other 7. 

I love how each of these colors perfectly corresponds to their character in the show. Black Rose Minerals was SPOT ON with the color/character match up. :)

I really don't have anything bad to say about these. They were really bright, very blendable, the package arrived on time and nicely wrapped. This was a great first impression and I will be purchasing more.

Do you have any "must have" colors from them?

Thanks for reading!
Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Fun collection! I have definitely bought collections in the past based on themes/names that I love :) I haven't tried anything from black rose minerals. The colors look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i need this whole collection! we are HUGE futurama fans in this house! we even have little Bender figurines decorating one of our livingroom shelves lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks totally yummy! Can't wait to see your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything awesome involves Zoidberg. I have decided this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love the names haha! That's too funny. :D Those colors are great too! Love the swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leela and Amy look like colors I need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute names. These look so pretty and pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors!
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peach: Next I have to get The Big Bang Theory set from Darling Girl for the same reason. LOL

    Mama: ha ha! that's so awesome

    Elizabeth: thanks. I've been really bad about putting on makeup lately. It's just too dang hot! LOL

    Bekka: I seriously think you're on to something.

    Chloe: Thanks!

    Kendra: I'm an evil enabler- yes you do! ;)

    Beauty: They are really pigmented and high quality. :)

    Lilith: Thanks

    Meagan: FTW!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need Zoidberg, so I can pair with the Why not Zoidberg? Intertube. :D

    ReplyDelete