Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Red and Black Gradient Nail

Here's my first attempt at a gradient nail. It didn't turn out that great. You know what makes some dodgy nail art look great? GLITTER!

I put a layer of glitter over the top and voila', semi-dodgy manicure! Sparkle red and black goth nails.




Start by doing this:


Then add red to the tips:


To smudge the line, put a layer of polish on the end of a makeup sponge and dab over the line:


Revlon Red, Wet n Wild Black and Kleancolor Chunky Silver

Check out Sophistique Noir for RED AND BLACK WEEK!!



8 comments:

  1. It looks so nice! I must try this sometime. Me and my sister in law discussed this technique today actually and she mentioned the sponge trick to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into gradient nails at the moment, I just have a really hard time photographing my nails 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Red and black always lookngreat together. And glitter makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. Nails. Ever.

    Glitter is ALWAYS appropriate. I used to use it to hide when my acrylics were way overdue for a fill... ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic. This is next on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice!


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome! I am in love with that huge glitter!!

    ReplyDelete