Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sugarpill and Lip Butter


Today's look for bumming around town. 

Hubby had to work today so I decided to treat myself for Mother's Day and go to Ulta. They had their gel manicure sets on sale and I have a 20% off coupon and a clear credit card so..... who has two thumbs and a new gel manicure set? THIS GIRL!!! I'm super stoked about it. I hope it works and isn't crap. If it is, it's going right back to the store. I'll post when I get my first mani done. 

I walked around the shopping center that Ulta is in and decided to take the kids over to Barnes and Noble. They have a Thomas the Train play set and table in the kids section that can usually occupy them for about an hour. My book club's next book is The Woman in Black so I picked that up while I was there.

The Woman in Black was actually my suggestion. I went and saw the American version of the movie in the theater a few months ago. This movie scared the piss outta me! Seriously. I thought about it for weeks afterwards. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the fact that the ghost focuses on children and now that I'm a mom I'm VERY sensitive to stories where bad things happen to kids. I wanted to read the book but was too scared to read it on my own. So now that my book club is reading it too I won't feel so alone. LOL. I'm a dork!







Skin:
Revlon Photo Finish
Eyes:
NYX Primer
Studio Gear Black Cake Liner - brows
Sugarpill Paperdoll on browbone
Sugarpill Magpie on outer lid and mixed with Kryolan CEL sealer as eyeliner
Sugarpill Magentric on inner lid and lower lash line
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk on waterline
Covergirl Lashblast Fusion mascara
Red Cherry #106 lashes
Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop

Thanks for reading.
Cheers!

24 comments:

  1. So, no reading Edward Gorey for you anymore, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, certain things trigger me and others don't. It's always hard to tell.
      I only have Gorey illustrated books, did he write novels too?

      Delete
  2. Wow. The double liner is amazing. And your hair is gorgeous. The color is just... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I coudn't even watch the trailers for that movie, I was like a 5 year old with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears singing "LALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"
    But I love that lip butter, I just got it a week ago and it's becoming my favorite! The blue sparkles are sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee hee, yeah, even the movie posters with the two little kids with their eyes scratched out scared me!

      I like this lip butter a lot but it's really bright. I don't find myself reaching for it too often because of the color. Don't get me wrong, it's GORGEOUS. I just don't have need for a bright fusia all that often. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read 'The Woman in Black' novel a few weeks ago. I don't know how closely the film follows the book, but the book was good.. although disturbing.

    I bought a revlon lip butter this weekend, only I think we pay a hell of a lot more for them in Oz than you guys do. ($21.00) Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you say the book was disturbing, that worries me. I hope I can hang and won't be all shaken up for the next few weeks. :(

      OMG $21 for lip butter. Geeze that sucks! I paid $7. Probably less actually since I normally shop with coupons.

      Delete
  5. Loving this look; it stunning and really suits you. I might have to try the double liner idea at some point.

    The Woman in Black was too scary for me, I hid from the trailers too ANA! If the book is good though I might try reading it (I'm far less of a wuss with books than with movies!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Yeah, I'm better with books over movies too. Fingers crossed that I can read this. :)
      I was going to start it last night and I chickened out. I didn't want to be sitting in my room all alone while reading it.

      Delete
  6. nice makeup! i have some pink eyeliner i'm in love with, but it makes me look like a pink eyed rabbit when i wear it on the bottom. i'm stealing this idea. LOL

    also- good luck on the couch to 5k! the first time i tried it the (3rd?) week was too hard for me and i had to redo it over and over. i still don't run a whole 5k without walking, but didn't want to wait. keep me posted, i'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never been a distance runner. I ran track in HS but always sprints. The longest race I did was the 1600m relay so yeah, three miles kinda SUX! But today is a new day and it's **cough cough** many years since HS so I need to loose the mentality that I can't run distances......

      Delete
  7. Wow I love your make up :) sugar pill is amazing! And god your hair! I want it so bad hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And the hair can be used with a bottle of dye and some scissors. :)

      Delete
  8. have i mentioned how much i love the bangs?? also, i know EXACTLY what you mean about how becoming a mom changes what's scary. Have you ever seen Insidious or Paranormal Activity 3--I could barely make it thru each one cuz the idea of some horrible entity being after my kid was freaking me out. lol normally I LIVE for movies about ghosts and hauntings and demons and whatnot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, I didn't see either one of those movies for that very reason. I couldn't even LOOK at the Paranormal Activity commercials! NOPE.

      Delete
  9. Oohhh! This is amazing! Love the pink along the lower lash line! Loving your bangs too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous look! I love how you combine the colours together and the blue hightlights in your hair looks great!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look, I still really like the shape of your bangs :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like pink on you!! Magpie looks awesome as a liner.

    ReplyDelete