Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

New Hair, Wizard-Con and Cute Boys

This Saturday we ventured into Toronto to go to Wizard Con, a comic/fan convention. This was the first large convention we've gone to where we had both kids. It's a different experience to say the least but it was fun.

I've been reading the whole X-men vs. Avengers story arch going on right now and all I really wanted was a tee with an Xmen logo on the front. Not a large request right? No such luck. I did score this cute golden snitch necklace though, so the geek in me was pacified.



The cast of the American version of Being Human was at the con. I have a little girl crush on the guy who plays Aiden, Sam Witwer. He is also Galen Marek in the Star Wars Unleashed video game.


Isn't he CUTE???? Our eyes met a couple of times across the aisle. Sigh.... that's enough for me. Hubby asked if I wanted to go get my picture taken with him but I declined. Those photo ops at conventions are just too weird for me. I wouldn't know what to say. "Hi, huh huh, I'm a big fan."  Nope. No thank you. I got my fix just be seeing him so my dream bank is filled again. *tee hee

I finally put some purple in my hair so I'm not walking around with fried-ass bleach blond stripes anymore. My hair is still dry from leaving the bleach on too long about a month ago but I've been doing protein treatments and deep conditioners so it's in a little better shape. The color didn't take well at the roots but I'll work on that this week.



I wore Morgana Hemlock lipstick all day. I LOVE this dark green metallic color. It was a bit messy though and I had to keep doing spot checks to make sure it wasn't on my teeth or smeared all over my face. It's a great color but it requires easy access to a mirror at all times.


I didn't do anything special with my makeup because we were in a rush to get out of the house. It takes about two hours to get to Toronto with pee breaks so I didn't have a lot of time in the morning to get ready. When I'm in a rush like this but I want a bit of interest to my makeup I use a duochrome eyeshadow. These are the ones that look one color if you look at it one way and another color if you move it and look at it a different way. This day I wore MAC Club, it's a duochrome brown that turns green. Applying it with a wet brush makes the duochrome element really visible.



Thanks for reading!!
Cheers!

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend too. I love the purple in your hair. It really suits you and your make up is fab as always. I'm a bit of a rubbish goth in the makeup department as I never leave enough time to do it properly lol
    You look great and I like your snitch necklace too...a pit of Harry Potter geekage is no bad thing. The actor who plays Aiden does look rather cute. I didn't know there was an American version of Being Human, I'll have to seek that out. Glad you had a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the American version, but get through a few episodes b/c the first two or three are so-so. We're going to watch the BBC version now since the American one is on break.

      Delete
  2. So you're an X-men fan? I prefer the Avengers, but actually, I'm a DC chick...x)

    If you want to find comics tees, I'd suggest to browse the kids department in the stores, I got mine there.^^

    Anyways, you looked so pretty and that purple in your hair is awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't read DC except the occasional Batman. I've been wanting to read more but I don't seem to get into their stories as much as Marvels. My hubby picked up the "Dark" DC thread so maybe I'll read that one. :)As far as shirts go, DC is waaaaay better at branding with clothing-type merchandise than Marvel is. :(

      Delete
  3. This looks like so much fun. I completely LOVE X men! I am not missing many comics :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate Emma Frost and now she's becoming one of my favorite characters. ;)

      Delete
  4. This golden snitch necklace is so pretty (as a Potter-holic I have hearts in my eyes now ^^) - and you are looking gorgeous as ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Click the link and it will take you to the etsy store of the gal who made it.

      Delete
  5. I love your top. Your new purple streak looks really good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. That shirt is from Burlington Coat Factory if you can believe it! :D

      Delete
  6. I've had Club in my makeup collection for a long time but I don't think I've worn it in a while, inspired to pull it out again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Sam Witwer better as Davis Bloome/Doomsday on 'Smallville'. I've only seen the original British version of 'Being Human'. The guy who plays Aiden in the Brit version is major eye candy! ;)

    "I didn't do anything special with my makeup" - Haha. She says, looking beautifully made up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. How did the kids cope with the convention?

      Delete
    2. I never watched Smallville but maybe I should now. :D

      The kids were okay- we had them in the huge double stroller so getting around in the crowds was tough. They only lasted about three hours which I guess is good. Can't really expect more outta them.

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous! And I love the purple in your hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your new necklace, and your hair is truly amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning! (and absolutely awesome nacklace)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you new hair! And that necklace is pretty cool too!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think those not too colored roots make your hair even more interesting :-D and glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The purple hair looks awesome! You make me miss having long hair. I got Hemlock as well (in the lip balm formulation) and it's just the neatest colour! It does need a bit of TLC when you wear it, though many darker colours do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I didn't do anything special with my makeup because we were in a rush to get out of the house." I aim for this to be my "rushed getting out of the house look." And agreed, purple hair looks awesome. Can't wait to see it with the fringe.

    ReplyDelete