Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Wet n Wild Flora Collection


All the beauty blogs and groups are abuzz over the Flora and Fauna sets by Wet n Wild. I happened to come across a few at my nearby under-shopped Rite Aid. I only picked up the Flora set #1 because I'm on a "no-buy" this month and didn't want to totally cheat and #2, I already had the nail polish color that was in the Fauna set. Plus the orange in this eyeshadow trio sold the whole set for me. I mean look at that thing! That's ORANGE!



I decided to do the eyeshadow like the imprints on the pallete. I used the chartruese all over the brow and the orange on the lid.


Then I added the teal color into the crease and the outer triangle.


I followed it up with black liquid liner.






This is the first time I've used Wet n Wild eyeshadows. I've read blogs where people have compared their new formulas to MAC and they rave on and on about them. I have to seriously disagree. Although the colors are really nice they took a lot of layering to get a good solid color. I also had a bit of trouble getting them to blend properly. It took a little more work than what I'm used to.

The lip gloss went on really nice and smooth. There wasn't really any color too it but it has a nice shine and flavor. I didn't used the nail polish but its a bright chartreuse color so I'm sure I'll use it quite a bit. The blush was a beautiful neutral shade, unfortunately it was such a small little strip of it in the palette that it was kind of hard to get to.

I don't want to seem too negative. The whole set is $4.99 so it's a really good deal. I will be trying the eyeshadow palette again to use the orange in a more prominent way. I just wish the colors had gone on a little smoother.

Ultimately I wouldn't recommend this set unless you didn't want to spend a bunch of money and really wanted some bright eyeshadow colors. But I am basing this mostly on the eyeshadow alone. The packaging is really nice and you get a lot of products for a small amount of money. If you're already a Wet n Wild eyeshadow fan you might be more impressed. :)

Thanks for reading!!!

I have a facebook group called Ladies in Black. If you can play nice with others and like to gab about spooky stuff and stuff you may want to check it out. http://www.facebook.com/groups/248527528567367/

Cheers!

17 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the WnW shadows. I find them to be hit and miss. I haven't bought any WnW for myself recently because of this. The 8 pan palettes do seem to be good, but the trios haven't impressed me. Thanks so much for sharing this collection with us! Everybody has been talking about Fauna and Flora, but I hadn't seen either of them in action yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. Same here, I've been hearing all kinds of stuff but hadn't seen anything.

      Delete
  2. Shame about the eyeshadows, though the look does look lovely on you! Never tried wet and wild before but I've heard it mentioned a number of times.

    Clairey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like WnW eyeliners and nail polishes and they're super cheap which is always a plus! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the colors but I'm so picky with the texture of eyeshadows, I only go for the known. I hate when you get a shadow that applies like a baby powder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard mixed reviews in these sets but the core line for the most part is amazing. Especially their mattes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, yeah..SOME of the WnW shadows are awesome (like the single shadows) and some of the palettes are awesome, but most of the time it's hit and miss. ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll stick with their pencils and nail polish. :)

      Delete
  6. I;ve never tried these but I'd really like to get my hands on some bright colours like these. It looks super pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend the NYX loose pigments over these. Same price and better coverage :)

      Delete
  7. i remember buying some wetnwild nail polish a few years ago (when we had a walmart... now its gone) didnt like the quality too much but definitely would give them another chance after this long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, I hear a lot of people rave about WnW eyeshadows, but they are NOT that great! I DO love the colours in this set, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since making this post people have told me that the 8 pan palettes and the singles are the best. But yeah, that orange looks at bright as MAC neon orange in the pan.

      Delete
  9. I got this recently and just found your post... now I have some cool ideas about how to use them. Thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete