Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Black Glitter

Today's post goes along with the toxid-lotus.net weekly theme: Glitter!



I've had this Manic Panic Black glitter for a few months but really haven't played with it much so I figured I'd give it a try with this weeks theme. Basically black glitter just looks like little flakes of dried mascara. Maybe another brand will have more shimmer but this stuff is useless. I'll save it for some craft projects; I've been wanting to play with resin so this might do well with that. :)

I placed it on my lids over MAC Carbon layered with Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Super Sparkle Black. As you can see from the close-ups it doesn't even look like glitter and it creased. So boo :( I did spruce it up with some LA Splash purple glitter liner and the Dawn Eyes shadows are packed with sparkles so that more than made up for the non-glitter glitter.






Skin:
Smashbox 2 in 1 Primer
MAC Studio Fix Liquid NC 20
MAC Studio Fix Powder NC 15
MAC cream concealer (slathered all over mah face)
Wet N' Wild blush in Berry Shimmer

Eyes:
Detrivore Black Primer
Dawn Eyes Cosmetics in Holographic White, browbone and blended into inner corners
MAC in Carbon, applied to lid and into crease
Dawn Eyes Cosmetics in Super Sparkle Black, applied over the Carbon and under eyes, also mixed with Kryolan CEL sealer as eyeliner
Manic Panic glitter in black, applied with Manic Panic glitter glue to lid
MAC Zoom Lash Mascara
LA Splash purple glitter liner
Black Cherry Lashes #106

Lips:
NYX liner in Prune
Morgana Cryptoria in Flirtatious Flapper

My hair is big today! I teased it a bit last night when I went out with some friends for a beer so today it's still a little large. Plus, you may have noticed my turquoise streaks are gone. That my dear readers was not on purpose. Let's just say I was bleaching my roots, decided to pull the bleach all the way through and then got distracted and lost track of time. My poor hair is a bit melted on the light parts so I'm giving it a rest and loading up with the protein treatments. This is why we pay professionals. :)

As always, thanks for reading.
If you like the darker side of things you may be interested in joining my facebook group, Ladies In Black.
Cheers!

26 comments:

  1. Lovely! Lovely! I really love your extra gothy look, very old school <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it's so damn amazing<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! I love black eyeshadow<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple glitter liner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you really suit this style of make-up - gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got such pretty eyes! The makeup looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one sexy look! You look stunning! Love the black and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!! I really like this a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glitter? Did someone say glitter?!? ;) I find that Manic Panic works best wet or applied over and over with a fluffy brush. MAC's black glitter is better, but frustrating because it takes forever to get the intensity I want. You look boo-tiful, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied it wet with the Manic Panic glitter glue so I think it's the glitter itself. I don't have any MAC glitter but you like the black? Maybe I'll have to shell out and get some :)

      Delete
  10. Awesome makeup! You look beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very pretty, dramatic look on you! I love the purple glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this make-up!! I think grey and black is the best make-up combination there is!:D and I love that hint of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, glitter!!!!! Love the lashes with the purple eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm too stunned by that first photo to even comment. :) You make me want to try a super-black eye look (I usually don't think I can pull it off, but now I want to give it another try!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. have i asked you before how much different eyeshadows you have?! im always impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tee hee hee, too many for my own good. I don't smoke, don't do drugs, I don't overindulge on alcohol but I do have a makeup addiction. :)

      Delete
  16. Its a lovely look,very striking and elegant.I agree with many dark glitters being a pain. any on the lid nearly always crease because i have slightly hooded lids. I tend to only use it now ontop of liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hooded lids suck :( I had this cool idea in my head of how this would look and it just didn't turn out right. :)

      Delete