Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today Was a Good Day

So I woke up this morning and had to contend with this:


Yup, that's my car buried down there. And no, it wasn't a lazy Saturday morning because today was the Valentine's Fair at my daughter's school and of course I had talked it up the night before so we had to go. After about 30 minutes of packing both kids into snow suits so they look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story, walking down a really gnarly flight of stairs with the youngest hanging limp under my arm and the other clinging to my leg, then warming up/clearing off the car we were ready to go. By this point I was literally sweating! Now I drive an old car and it only has a tape player so in order to hear good music I have to use a tape converter plugged into my ipod which requires the radio to be on. Well, when I turned on the radio to plug in the ipod this was playing:



OK, day looking much better. We skipped the ipod and blared my favorite White Zombie song down the snowy roads to the preschool.

Heart shaped goodies were had by all and I got to sport some Valentines-y makeup AND my favorite Vampira necklace.







Skin: 
Revlon PhotoFinish in Shell
Paula Dorf blush in Passion
MAC Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom as a highlighter

Eyes:
Detrivore in Maw inside corner
Detrivore in Arachnid crease and lid
Detrivore in Death Vally outer lid
Detrivore in Hemoglobin outer triangle
Detrivore in White Chapel to browbone
bh cosmetics gel liner in blow, lower lash line
LA Splash pink glitter liner, lower lash line over gel liner
Loreal HIP purple cream liner, upper lash line
CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion in Very Black
Ardell Lashes #116

Lips:
Wild N Crazy in Close Your Eyes (from Cherry Culture)


Thanks for reading! My giveaway closes tonight. Check back for the winner!
Cheers!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. im still wondering why snow looks that beautiful. how can something beautiful be soooo cold :-(

    love the eye makeup! those lashes look huge and so pretty! can you compare the size with stargazer or essence or something lashes? wondering if that companie's products would match...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, sorry I can't compare the sizes b/c I'm not familiar with those. I will say though that these lashes look bigger in the package than a normal "everyday" wear lash. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Ugh.... snow :( Love Rob Zombie and it always brightens my day when I hear anyhing from him! Beautiful make! Very Valentine-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your make-up looks gorgeous and the Vampira necklace is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering that it's supposed to look like that outside from November-April, it is kind of a shock this late in the season (I'm also in WNY)! (Minakitty)

    ReplyDelete