Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rings : Sophistique Noir Monthly Theme Post

This month's theme post for Sophistique Noir is
RINGS

Here are a few of my favorites right now:

Mr. Spider was a total score at the beauty supply store. He cost me $1.99 and I have worn the "you-know- what" out of this ring. He's metal (probably lead and I'm slowly poisoning myself) with marcosite nobs on his body so he's kinda sparkly.



This big 'ol ring is a chunky plastic heart. I'm pretty sure this is from Burlington Coat Factory. I get a lot of accesories there b/c they are cute and cheap!


This is a ring I got at Toronto FanExpo from artist Emily Thomas of Mummys Little Monster . This is a miniature from a larger painting she did of Vampira, one of my all-time favorite ghouly girlies. The original ghouly girl I might add.


This is a ring made by a girl I used to work with. She made it out of silver wire and dark garnets. I like this ring because it kind of bends and forms to my finger.


This is a ring I got from Avon. I love pearls, especially grey ones. (I know, it looks too big. I was having difficulty holding the camera with my left hand so I had to switch the hand I normally wear this ring on).


This is a cute little ring from Forever 21. Just a black bow with a rhinestone in the center. Again, $1.99 - nice.

So you see, you can find gothy accessories anywhere if you know what to look for. Blogs like Sophistique Noir, LeProfesseur Gothique and Coffin Kitch are great places to get inspiration and ideas for goth fashion from everyday stores. You also don't have to pay an arm and a leg for clothes and accessories. Although it's nice to purchase special fancy items sometimes, it's also nice to snag a deal. I promise you I paid no more than $15 for any of the rings pictured above.

I'm looking forward to see what everyone else posts in this month's theme.



Thanks for reading!
Cheers!

25 comments:

  1. goodness, that ring your workmate did for you is perfect!

    you seem to have a lucky hand on finding good deals, 15$ is not much for a ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised by a woman who never paid full price for anything so I kinda have a bargain hunters "eye".

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love the spider and for $1.99...?!^^
    You're lucky and you're absolutely right, you can find nice jewellery for cheap everywhere. You can buy all kinds of fashion rings in random stores and even though they are hardly ever suitable for daily wear, they can be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Shopping with little money can be fun if you're willing to dig a little.

      Delete
  3. The spider ring is gorgeous - I love marcasite - although I'm not a fan of spiders in real life, and I think I'd be freaking myself out catching that out of the corner of my eye. In Australia, spiders that big (and bigger) are not unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't care for real spiders either, but I certainly have a lot of spider jewelry. I'm from Texas so I'm no stranger to large bugs either. I once found a Tarantula on my front porch. :)

      Delete
  4. I always look to see what accessories you are wearing, you always have such unique pieces! I love that spider ring, love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these rings! That spider one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why hello! So glad to have found another kindred spirit!

    How do I know? Because my pedicure (right the freak now) matches your manicure in the spider ring post. And I have the matching bracelet.

    rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome rings! PEARLS! yes, yes and yes again ... and I love the Vampira ring! Too cute. And a HUGE thanks for mentioning my blog. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, cartoonish portraits can look so good in rings as well! Really like that piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out her etsy store, she has a lot of other rings and prints there.
      Thanks for coming to visit

      Delete
  9. Ooh, I love all of them but the spider and Vampira are undoubtedly my favorites. So fun, unique, and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always say bigger is better when it comes to accessories, so your collection is one of my favorites so far! The handmade garnet one is amazing. I'm dying to get some black pearls, so I am mostly coveting your pearl ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love big jewelry. I can't wear it much in my everyday life b/c I would knock one of my kids out with a ring or something. So when I get "dressed" (meaning out of my pj's and into the real world) I like to go BIG with the accessories. Great theme this month. Looks like everyone had fun doing it.

      Delete
  11. cool jewelry! but frankly i liked that chunky holo-glitter polish on the first pic the most haha!//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following my blog! Of course I will follow yours. I love it! Keep up the great work!

    -Cami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are fantastic. All of them!

    ReplyDelete