Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Inspired by Snow: LeProfesseur Gothique’s Monthly Homework Assignment

originally posted Jan 13, 2011



This is my first time to take part in one of LeProfesseur Gothique's monthly homework assignments. Yikes! I know...... I graduated school, well, let's just say a while ago, why am I excited to do homework again? Because these homework assignments are FUN, that's why.
This months assignment? To embrace the cold and showcase something that is "inspired by snow". Now, since this is my first winter in Western New York (coming from Austin, TX) I am pretty excited about this theme. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy because anytime it starts to flurry outside, I run out onto the balcony and take a flip video to send back to all my Texas friends. My parents think I'm absolutely crazy to subject myself to this cold.

Anyhoo..... I did some makeup of course. Since the sky is usually grey when it snows, I tried to stay in a grey and white theme. Wearing all this white made me feel like Jadis the White Witch. :)









This look was inspired by a look that the "Queen of Blending" did on youtube, although she uses silver and blue. I really liked the way it came out and I think it is much prettier in person than in the pictures. Unfortunately the glitter just doesn't show up. In fact, taking photos of this look almost caused my camera to go flying out the window. This is how I felt about the whole shoot:

There, now you know my true feelings on my Kodak Easy Share camera. Not so easy. bleh

Sigh.... onto the products:

Skin: LA Colors Wet to Dry Makeup in Light, Wet N Wild Blush in Berry Shimmer

Eyes: NYX HD base, NYX White (browbone), Studio Gear in Heather Grey, MAC Idol Eyes (over Heather Grey), Bh Cosmetics gel liner in Azure (wing outline), NYX Milk (lid), Revlon in Glistning Snow (lid, over milk), MAC fluidline (upper and lower lash line), MAC pigment in Mutiny (lower lash line), Medusa's Makeup glitter in Moon Walk (lower lash line), love and beauty mascara in blue, generic lashes, Maycheer powder in black (brows), Kryolan CEL sealer (brow)

Lips: NYX Milk (coverd lips), MAC Viva Glam V gloss

I hope you enjoyed this post. Go over and check out all the other entries for the monthly assignment.

Please "LIKE" the facebook page and follow on Bloglovin'

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment