Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Detrivore Cosmetics Pink & Red Swatches and Black Eyeshadow Primer



Detrivore Cosmetics is a small independent cosmetics company run by Distorria Mordred. She makes hand-made makeup and fragrances. This is my first order from this company and I have to say that I am very impressed. I wore some of the blues out this past Friday night and with the black eyeshadow base- they stayed put. Plus the pigmentation is very good and they blend easily.

Oooh, look at all the bugs!

I ordered the black eyeshadow base. It's a nice consistency. Feels waxy and has a sheer darkness to it. It's a good base to bring out the richness of darker colors.




Here is my personal favorite of the lot, Livor Morits.



Liver Mortis is a black based pink eyeshadow and not surprisingly is one of their top selling eye colors. Here it is swatched over the black base (left) and over no base (right). This picture is bringing out a lot of purple in it, but it can lean towards a dark purply/pink/maroon.

And here are a few more colors swatched over the black primer (left), elf clear primer (center), and no primer (right).

Death Valley

Arachnid

Hemoglobin

Nymph

Maw

Disturbance

Here's the link to the look I wore with some other Detrivore colors.

Detrivore Cosmetics: http://www.detrivorecosmetics.net/

I'm realizing that I hate doing swatches. It's time consuming, boring and messy. But.... I know it helps to have swatches so that you can see different companies colors. I know I look for swatches when I'm considering ordering from a new company.

As a reader of my blog, do you enjoy seeing swatches or could you care less? Let me know. :)

Thanks for reading! Please follow my blog and "like" the facebook page.
Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. nice colors. i like liver mortis too! need to add that to my wish list!
    i like seeing swatches, thought i don't do it often. personally, i hate doing swatches with loose powder products. in addition to messy, i can never get them show up as nicely as pressed products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, glad I'm not the only one that dislikes doing swatches. ;)

      Delete
  2. I just placed my second order from Detrivore. I really like what I've gotten so far. I look for swatches. But I hate doing them...and I kind of suck at it. But I thought your swatches looked really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I made a flippin' mess doing these swatches and quit halfway through. ;) Thanks for the compliment. I think I'm going to order the 10 for $20 soon for my second order.

      Delete
  3. thinking about trying the black primer :-D

    thanks for telling us about these products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm so glad I found your blog. I've been thinking about trying a new mineral makeup company. Detrivore's prices and shipping are more than fair, so I'll probably give them a shot. I can see how the swatches are a pain for you, but I always appreciate them. They're really helpful, especially if the swatches are on a skin tone that's similar to mine. I've based entire makeup purchases on the swatches I've seen online. The Arachnid color is my favorite here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could introduce you to a new company! Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  5. loving swatches! :( sorry lol but OMG im waiting on my order from her and im obsessed with livor mortis i also order smog sacred plague broken glass brine cremaines bruise and beetle.. do u have any of those?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - Black eyeshadow primer?!?! That's genius.

    I love seeing swatches, especially over different primer options as you have done (it's awesome how the black primer affects the colors). I can imagine it's messy... But they are so helpful, and appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black primer is becoming a must have for me, and I've only had it about a week. :)
      Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete